Saturday, May 11, 2013

Chic Retreat - SEATTLE!

As some of you know, I just spent May 1-4 in Seattle for a photography workshop. It was the Chic Retreat, hosted by Kelli France of Chic Critique Forum. The 4-day workshop consisted of speakers, styled shoots, catered meals, limo rides, scavenger hunts - it was really a delight being there. So many amazing woman photographers & speakers. And the event planning was *perfect*. It was really difficult being away from my kids, more difficult than I expected (and they were perfectly fine, in the care of my husband). And of course, my allergies decided to attack me a couple days before I went to the workshop, and they followed me there. I was pretty exhausted and not feeling too great physically but I got a lot from the workshop and I can't wait to use what I have learned to better my business. I really just needed to immerse myself in knowledge. When I first arrived home, I was really overwhelmed. I didn't know where to start, what to work on first. And in addition, all I really wanted to do was spend time with my kids. I've calmed down since I got home and got to reflect on the experience the effect it had on me.

Some things that I know I need to do, and the Chic Retreat gave me ideas on how to do them -

*Define my brand, I need a new logo, a new look
*Revamp my website and definitely my blog
*Adjust my portrait packages
*Offer more products!
*And much more

It's going to take me about 6 months to do it. It will get done because I want this so badly. I expect by the beginning of 2014 my company will have many great, great changes.

Here is a blog post on the Chic Critique Forum which has a fun video/slideshow of the workshop plus some awesome pictures, including a big group shot of the beautiful Seattle skyline. The slideshow was made by Megan and it just blew me away! She took all the pictures and video clips and had it done by the time we left Seattle.

Here are the photos I took at the photo shoots:

First up, photos I took at Leah Remillet's styled shoot -

 photo cindyferaro24_zpse6f93184.jpg

 photo cindyferaro28_zpsc5346666.jpg

 photo cindyferaro27_zpsb5d67792.jpg

 photo cindyferaro34_zps67d23bf6.jpg

 photo cindyferaro19_zpsc95bc7aa.jpg

One from Kara May's styled shoot -

 photo cindyferaro3_zpscd662e2b.jpg

One from Kelli France's styled shoot -

 photo cindyferaro5_zps02e030a8.jpg

One from Michelle Huesgen's styled shoot -

 photo cindyferaro37_zps45029d52.jpg

A couple from Jean Smith's styled shoot -

 photo cindyferaro2_zpsd4d35a80.jpg

 photo cindyferaro1_zpsa6f79ff6.jpg

And a bunch from Laura Winslow's styled shoot - my favorite - I love little girls and I loved their outfits!

 photo cindyferaro17_zps4e5099c8.jpg

 photo cindyferaro9_zpsf20e8994.jpg

 photo cindyferaro16_zps62bcf600.jpg

 photo cindyferaro10_zps91a865a9.jpg

This was the first time the Chic Critique hosted a photography workshop and since this one was such a success I'm pretty sure they are doing another one next year! I can't wait to see which *celebrity* photographers they will get for it. Who knows, maybe I will go next year too!







No comments: