Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Thank you, Clary

Last month the amazing Clary Pfeiffer of Clary Photo put together the workshop of my dreams. I mean, it was everything I could want a workshop to be. Only 8 attendees. Beautiful location. Beautiful models (including Clary's own children!). Gorgeous details. I mean, I couldn't have asked for more. I learned so much but didn't feel overwhelmed. Clary's teaching style is just so laid back, and she's so calm and patient. I had already been to a workshop this year so when I heard about this one I was on the fence (because I would really only like to do 1 per year). But I really couldn't pass up this opportunity and didn't know if she would do a workshop like this again. And the topic was film, and how to introduce it into your workflow, which is something I've wanted to do for a long time now. My senior year of college I started playing around with digital. I started interning for a wedding photographer who used all digital. For a long time I didn't even know that wedding photographers who used film still existed. This workshop taught me that it is possible and if it's something that you truly want to do, you should go for it. And even though the photos below are digital, get ready to see film stuff from me. Because it's coming. I promise. And I can't wait.

Here are my images from the styled shoot -

 photo workshop001_zpsffb8f226.jpg

 photo workshop005_zpsa78984c2.jpg

 photo workshop006_zps59ee6d29.jpg

 photo workshop020_zps94dea2d2.jpg

 photo workshop018_zps6edb2a87.jpg

 photo workshop004_zpsf7399d36.jpg

 photo workshop007_zps28987262.jpg

 photo workshop008_zps10769640.jpg

 photo workshop009_zps3ddc4bf0.jpg

 photo workshop011_zps8e662bb0.jpg

 photo workshop013_zpsdcb28d77.jpg

 photo workshop012_zpsd8362097.jpg

 photo workshop014_zps63aa5ec8.jpg

Everyone below needs to be recognized for making this day perfect -


The one who ran the show - Clary Pfeiffer

Florist - Catherine Thoele Florals

Styling Assistant - Sarah

Dress Designer - Alice Padrul

Letterpress - Ruby the Fox

Calligrapher - Mike Cassimatis

Jewelry - Simons Jewelers

Hair & Makeup - Annie Heyward

Models - Julie & James Gladstone

No comments: